I started a few months ago to change my perspective of the weekly routine and tried to find things- small things- that would make my day or smile- instead of waiting for the big things. It’s all about gratitude. Happiness is found in little moments. Being grateful everyday brings positivity. You concentrate on what you have and not the opposite. We live in a society where we always need more, we’re always waiting for the next big moment in our lives which brings us to always be waiting for the time where everything will be perfect. When you wake up in the morning and keep in mind to look for those little hidden precious moments that will put a smile on your face and make your day, you will start to appreciate those moments and find joy almost everywhere. As Oprah said: “a good feeling increases more good feeling“.
Highlights of this past few days -I had quite a few…it’s kind of easy during summer 😉 – I heart Summertime!
- A fun day & night at a festival that included lots of laughing with friends, a certain amount of belgian waffles and a magnificent sunset.
- A wellness friend’s birthday afternoon at the lake
- What more than a bike ride, an old movie at the park, sharing sweaters & socks with friends for the not “so hot summer nights”, the crowd singing out loud “Hey jude”, as a prelude of a warm “*gezellig” evening watching “Flashdance”.
As crazy as it is, I’ve never watched it before, but so nice to move on the sound of the 80’s music and there’s actually a few inspirational quotes to take from this movie 😉
“Take your passion and make it happen. Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life!“
“When you give up your dream, you die“
- An improvised evening picnic under a big tree in the park while raining, with a friend I haven’t seen in a long time. It included lots of talking about life. #scorpiopositiveenergy
- A 30th birthday barbecue party for one of my bestie’s *chill out, summertime, fun, gezellig day*
What were your highlights of your week?
Happy summer day!