Sun is shining! Spring is coming! (on my side of the world 🙂 ) What about starting your day, the healthy & delicious way with a Sunshine Smoothie!
All you need:
- 1 banana (high in potassium, vitamin B & C, fibers, easy to digest and make you feel full longer, contains also tryptophan- amino acid that is converted in serotonin in the body- the happy feeling)
- 1 cup of frozen berries (packed with antioxidants)
- 1 cup coconut water (lowers blood sugar level, antibacterial properties, great source of electrolytes like potassium and magnesium- great after a workout to hydrate as you lose electrolytes while sweating)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I used my homemade almond milk)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (plenty of omega 3 fatty acids that are good for your heart and reduce inflammation, great source of fibers, magnesium, anticancer and antifungal properties, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, and it contains lignans that helps to regulate the menstrual cycle and may help against breast cancer, may help fight the “blues”)
- 1 tsbp raw organic coconut oil (contains lauric acid which boost the immune system, antibacterial)
Blend and enjoy the sunshine & happy vibe! 🙂
Happy weekend Sunshines!