“Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring?” Neltje Blanchan
Oh I love spring time! There’s nothing better than waking up to the sounds of birds singing, feeling the warmer air, blue sky and rays of sunshine. After those long snowy months, spring is like a magical gift!
I love the birds chirping, spending more time outside, longer days, the smell of blooming flowers, farmer’s market, berries, asparagus and spring cleaning!
Spring brings this idea of a fresh start and new beginnings. The flowers are blooming, trees are budding, the light is brighter, the breeze is warmer, nature is coming back to life and so are you! Spring is the season for cleansing and rejuvenating your body after heavy cold months with less exercise, heavier food and less sunshine. It’s time to take care of yourself, in body, mind and spirit.
A few of my favorite ideas to regain energy and detox your body & mind!
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your body. It helps flush your toxins.
- Drink some lemon water with ginger, a dash of cayenne pepper and turmeric. Great to detox and packed with health benefits.
- Put your trainers on and go outside for a run/walk, jump on your trampoline, time to go back to your yoga routine or any physical activity that puts you in a good mood and will help release those endorphins, boost your immune system and improve your health.
- Declutter your space. Get rid of all the clothes you don’t wear anymore, the things that are only taking the dust, everything you haven’t used the past year. Make room for the new. A clear space makes a clear mind. It’s so much better to come home to a fresh environment where everything is light and organized. There’s a real feeling of lightness that comes with clearing your space.
- Boost your energy with whole organic fresh food in season. Add fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, whole grains to your meals. Nature is perfectly made to bring food that we need for our bodies to detox after winter, like cherries, berries, asparagus, leafy greens. Juices and smoothies are packed with nutrients. Avoid sugar, processed foods, dairy, alcohol, meat for 10 days or more. You will gain energy and feel the good vibes!
- Start a meditation practice, connect with nature around you and enjoy the present moment.
- Dry body brushing (post coming up soon): before you hop in the shower, use a dry brush and scrub in circular motions all over your body. It stimulates your circulation and the lymphatic system and get rid of toxins and dead skin. Great for cellulite. Always start from your feet towards your heart.
- End your shower with cold water- it’s good for your blood circulation, immune system and it gives you a boost when you wake up!
- It’s also a great time to do some planning and review your goals & dreams and see where you want to go and what you want to achieve with your precious life.
What are you looking forward to with spring coming up?
Happy Spring Day!