It’s asparagus time baby! Yes I won’t lie that I’ve been waiting for them for a few months! 😉 One of the many wonderful things that Spring brings! I just love them! And you won’t believe all the incredible health benefits it brings! It’s truly an amazing vegetable and one of the most alkaline and anti-inflammatory food.
Here’s some of its magic:
- They’re one of the highest in glutathione- an antioxidant which boost the immune system. Studies have shown that it can even help with HIV treatments.
- Lot’s of fibers for a good digestion and a good source of protein.
- A good source of potassium, folic acid, vitamins A for your eyes.
- Vitamin B which helps regulate blood sugar levels, Vitamins C & K.
- Prevents bladder and urinary track infections.
- They contains folate, lots of it, which is good for pre-natal and early pregnancy stages.
- Super good for your heart, it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Packed with anti cancer properties which neutralize free radicals.
- And last but not the least, it fights depression and puts you in a great mood! I can only testify that I’ve had quite a few good laughs when on an asparagus weekend marathon! 😉
It’s a very versatile vegetable and can be cooked and eaten in many different ways- roasted, steamed, in salads, as a side dish…I’ll let you explore!
Recipe: Asparagus, yellow bell pepper and tomatoes in the oven with olive oil and herbs with some quinoa. Delish! I love when my plate is full of colors!
How do you eat your asparagus?? Please share!
Happy Asparagus Day!